Financial Counseling

Financial Counseling

Oregon Veterans' Emergency Financial Assistance Program

Or call 503-373-2000

Requests must be submitted through a Veterans Service Officer. Assistance includes help with emergency or temporary housing and related housing expenses, expenses for utilities, insurance, house repairs, rent assistance or food; emergency medical or dental expenses; emergency transportation; expenses related to starting a business, such as business licenses or occupational licenses; temporary income after military discharge; and legal assistance for certain veteran issues

Disabled Veterans National Foundation

Or call 202-737-0522, x102. 

Follow the link to "DVNF Financial Guidance Program." The DVNF Financial Guidance Program will provide Veterans with a free Military Membership Kit for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University which entitles the Veteran to enroll in and attend the 13 week money management course either at a local, in person, class or via the online course offering. The goal of DVNF's Financial Guidance Program is to help Veterans learn to better budget their money, save for unexpected expenses and pay off debt. To be eligible, Veterans must have served in the active military or military auxiliaries, and have been discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.

Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve: Military OneSource

Or call 1-800-342-9647 and ask for financial counseling.

You must go through Military OneSource in order to access the sessions at no cost, available to active-duty, Guard, and Reserve members (regardless of activation status) and families located in the continental U.S. Up to 12 counseling sessions per issue, per calendar year are allowed for each person.  You can also request an audio CD titled "Taking Charge of Your Money."